Ancient Ostia Tour
Walking in an ancient city so well preserved is an experience that can leave astonished. Ostia Antica was founded by the Romans in the fourth century B.C. It was the first port of the city and had an important commercial development until the first century century D.C. when the city began its slow decline following the construction of the hexagonal port of Traiano, connected by a canal directly to the Tiber, about 7 km from Ostia. Subsequently, with the end of the Roman empire, gradually it was depopulated until it was completely abandoned between the fourth and fifth centuries AD. and progressively buried by the mud of the Tiber floods and wild vegetation. The excavations of the city began in the nineteenth century and today Ostia Antica, likewise with Pompeii, is the best preserved archaeological site and the largest on the world with about 150 hectares. It will be really impressive living a day in a real ancient Roman City with a specialized guide and discover how the ancient Romans lived. Just 30 km from Rome, to go back over 2 thousand years.
• You can reach by your self the Ancient Ostia Archaeological Site by Local Train from Rome (Rome-Ostia Lido railway stop Ostia Antica) or you can book with us a Private Car with driver that will take you from Rome to Ancient Ostia round-trip. Therefore we have for you two different offers:
Private Guided Tour
starting from Ostia
• 1 - 5 people € 180
• For each additional person € 25
• For kids less than 7 years, the Guide is free
• The Guide will wait for you at the Entrance of Ancient Ostia Archaeological Site and will stay with you for 3 hours
Private Guided Tour
from Rome by Car
• 1 - 4 people € 330
• The price of Ancient Ostia Tour by Car Transfer is per vehicle and include the Guide
• For Private Groups of more than 4 people contact us to receive our best price
• The Guide will stay with you 5 hours included Rome-Ancient Ostia round trip by car
We believe it is fair for you that entrance tickets to museums, archaeological sites or other attractions are not included and that they are calculated and charged separately, based on the actual number of participants. The Entrance Ticket for Ancient Ostia Archaeological Site cost € 10 per person.
Remember to wear very comfortable shoes. For security reasons, inside all sites, you can bring only regular bags and small backpacks, therefore big backpacks, trolley or luggage, as well as liquids and food are not allowed.